Saturday, June 27, 2009

El Forastero


The Location: El Forastero, 8027 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights

The Taco: Carne Asada Taco Combo

The Price: $8 (or slightly more or less depending on choice of meat)

The Verdict: If nothing else, this restaurant wins big points for value for money. For $8 I got two of the biggest tacos I've ever seen, stuffed to overflowing with carne, chunky salsa and fresh guacamole as well as a huge portion of rice and beans. I usually have a pretty big appetite, and two tacos are rarely enough to fill me up, but after two of these bad boys there was no way I could plow through all the beans and rice on the side as well. Seriously, I've had smaller burritos!

The tacos were made and brought out to my table within what seemed like no more than a minute, and they were steaming hot - enough that I couldn't pick them up right away. There's no doubt that these were freshly prepared. The salsa, while a little chunky for my preference, was excellent as was the guacamole and they made up a very simple but tasty 3-ingredient taco. Free chips and salsa, if you have the appetite for it, are also available.

This restaurant is in a former Jimboy's location across from the Sunrise Mall, and is a nice upgrade from that previous occupant.

The Rating: ★★★★ ½ (out of 5)

El Forastero on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment