Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lyla's Mexican Grill


The Location: Lyla's Mexican Grill, Elk Grove, CA

The Taco: Crunchy Carnitas

The Price: About $8

The Verdict: Today I ordered the 2 Carnita's combo plate. Typically this taco is served on soft corn tortillas with sides of rice and beans. I ordered my carnitas with crunchy shells, no cheese, no beans and Lyla's was happy to accommodate! The meat was very well shredded, easy to bite as big or as little as I desired with little to no mess. The pork had great flavor, however most of the seasoning seemed to come from the green salsa and cliantro they put on top of the meat. The salsa they use has a lime flavor to it and it's fabulous. My order was prompt, hot and perfectly crunchy! They served us chips while we waited for our entrees and there was a fresh salsa bar with great salsa's to choose from.

Being the bargain hunter I am, the last time we were there we used the buy one get one free coupon from the 2009 Entertainment book. I went online for an additional printable Entertainment book coupon of 20% off the total order for today's visit. Even though I'm out of coupons, I will be back to Lyla's!

The Rating: ★★★ ½ (out of 5)

Lyla's Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment